May 12, 2013

City Trip, Berlin: Pt. 1

I apologize sincerely for the lack of blogposts in the last week. The reason for this is a very exciting and successful visit to Berlin with my parents. I am so thankful to have parents who love traveling and exploring as much as I do!

Berlin is the capitol of Germany and has a population of 3.5 million people. This visit to Berlin was my third visit! I have a definite soft spot for this green, welcoming and artistic city. When you explore Berlin it isn't hard to notice that the city is very spacious and very green. Around one third of the city is made of forests, parks, gardens, rivers and lakes.

In this blogpost I'll share, through photo's, another great side of Berlin; the architecture. Berlin has a rich variety of buildings, both old and new.


Reichstag
Reichstag
Reichstag
Potsdamer Platz

Street

Neue Synagoge

Unknown

New buildings
Kaufhaus des Westens
I love the (relatively) old buildings. They're imposing, vast and beautiful at the same time. However the combination of old and new buildings are what make Berlin such a beautiful and diverse city.

Next week.. part 2! Have you ever been to Berlin?